Taliban claim responsibility for kabul car bomb

Taliban claim responsibility for kabul car bomb The Taliban claimed responsibility for a car bomb attack on the Afghan deputy defense minister’s residence on Wednesday, but hours later a bomb blast near the office of a major security agency in Kabul injured three people.

Taliban claim responsibility for kabul car bomb Taliban spokesman Jabihullah Mujahid said the group had targeted Awasan on Tuesday night, adding that an important meeting was taking place at that time.

The defense minister survived, but the attack represented the country’s growing security situation and was a sign that the capital was at risk of violence as armed groups controlled the region.

The blast targeted a highly protected area of ​​the capital, which has largely escaped violence in other parts of the country in recent weeks.

The Interior Ministry said at least eight civilians were killed and at least 20 were injured.

Another bomb blast near the headquarters of a major security agency in Afghanistan on Wednesday morning injured two civilians and a security official, police said. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the blast.

The Taliban have stepped up their efforts to defeat the US-backed government since April as US-led foreign troops completed their withdrawal after 20 years of fighting.

Fighting is particularly fierce in the city of Herat, near Iran’s western border, and in the south around Lashkar Gah and Kandahar.

The bombings and gun attacks in Kabul late Tuesday night were aimed at a game between Defense Minister Bismillah Mohammadi and other politicians. Government troops have been battling unidentified rebels for more than four hours. Mohammadi survived.

An Afghan military spokesman said a state of emergency had been declared in Lashkar Gah and that government forces were receiving reinforcements and US air support.

“Special forces have been sent to the area. They are in high spirits,” army spokesman General Azimal Omar Shinwari told Reuters.

The loss of Lashkar Gah will be a big blow to the government. The government has promised to protect its strategic center after losing much of its territory to the Taliban in recent months.

Many families fled their homes in a small town in the capital, Helmand, as government forces launched counter-attacks against the Taliban.

The United Nations said on Tuesday that at least 400 civilians had been killed in the past 24 hours.

Residents said Taliban fighters have dominated several radio and television stations in the city and have gone home to prevent people from helping government troops.

Taliban claim responsibility for kabul car bomb

Read More

Source link

About Jak marie

Check Also

Boris Johnson facing corruption legal battle

Boris Johnson facing corruption legal battle British Prime Minister Boris Johnson faces a legal battle …

Leave a Reply